THE LOOK 2016 Competition
THE LOOK 2016 - Over 200 images entered, 9 countries, 12 shortlisted, 1 winner!
After the huge success of label.m’s first professional photographic competition THE LOOK in 2015 – the global trend-led haircare brand has launched THE LOOK 2016!
A global photographic competition giving professional hair stylists the chance to share their work with the haircare world. Celebrating and rewarding imagination and individual expression with an ultimate image that transcends boundaries and epitomises label.m’s fashion and music inspired contemporary edge.
label.m are now looking for the most creative talent within the label.m world - the winning images will feature in the dual branded TONI&GUY and label.m LOOK BOOK 2016-2017 distributed globally to over 7000 label.m salons and their clients!
THE ULTIMATE PRIZE
• The winner will be invited to join the International Artistic Team to create a look that may be considered for the label.m Brand Campaign 2016/2017
• The winning image / images will be featured in the 2016-2017 LOOK BOOK
• The winner and their photograph/s will be put forward by the label.m Head Office media team for
PR and press opportunities in national and international magazines
Having submitted an incredible image with the perfect blend of creativity and aesthetic appeal, Kevin Miller and Laura Wickham of M Salons Bishop Stortford was awarded label.m THE LOOK in front of over 3,500 hairdressers at TONI&GUY’s annual international industry gather, MAINSTAGE.
“Winning this global award and being the first ever none-TONI&GUY salon to have our work published in their iconic Look Book is a huge achievement and honour. To know that our work was voted the best by some of the leading hairdressers in the world, and that our imagery will be seen worldwide alongside other incredible work is a fantastic feeling.”
Kevin Miller, Owner of M Salons Bishop Stortford
label.m were delighted to welcome Kevin and Laure to the 2016/17 campaign shoot in March earlier this year - working alongside the International Artistic Team to create one of the key looks to feature in the new collection, appearing in October 2016.
Watch Kevin backstage at the label.m campaign shoot and hear about his experience being crowned the winner of THE LOOK 2015 here
You need to create a minimum of TWO looks – commercial or editorial - that capture your creativity and showcase label.m products used to achieve them.
Judges will be looking for a total image that encompasses both hairdressing talent and creative vision.
- Your images can be in colour or black & white
- Your submission can be a mix of women cut & colour, editorial and men cut & colour, but there must be a minimum of TWO to make a double page spread in the LOOK BOOK
- Please supply your entry as prints AND on one USB or disc, clearly labelled with:-
- Salon name/location, email and telephone number- Names of who created the image : stylist, technician, photographer, make-up artist & clothes stylist
- A brief synopsis of the looks and the products used to achieve them
- Please name each file on the disc with entrant’s name
- Send your entry on ONE disc or USB, with each image labelled to: label.m THE LOOK 2016-2017, TONI&GUY, 58-60 Stamford Street, London SE1 9LX, England
• ALL entries will be put forward for consideration into the 2016-2017 LOOK BOOK distributed across over 7000 salons globally
• Please only send ONE set of prints and images on disc or USB• If you are going to shoot work for the LOOK BOOK, please use the current one as a guideline to the quality of work as the cost of a shoot can be expensive
• Only submit photographic work that has been completed since July 2015
• Only submit PORTRAIT images, landscape files do not work for the LOOK BOOK (ideally 10 x 8 inches portrait, no bigger than A4) clearly labelled (printed via a computer) with your name, salon and phone number and an email address
• Please make sure the images on the disc are high resolution, ideally as tiff files with a minimum 300dpi
• Do not submit folders, portfolios or presentation folders
• Do not email your images unless you are asked to
If you have any questions, contact:
Glen Clough email@example.com +44 (0)20 7921 9021+
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS SUNDAY 29TH MAY 2016